Thursday 9 December 2010

Overall...

Overall the group and myself are over the moon with how the animation turned out. We have put so much hard work in over the semester individually and I believe it really shows in the final animation. I think we have all learnt that lighting and textures play a massive part in the animation, especially as we were trying to create life like, beautiful scenes.
I can't really think of too many things that I would have done differently or that I am not very proud of. If anything, I think maybe we could have experimented with different transitions and the order of the clips, but this really is just a minor clip. I would love to carry on with this and begin to broadedn each scene with more animating and more things happening.
I think it was a wise choice to steer clear of characters as making a realistic person takes a huge amount of time, this is time that we didn't have.

I modelled both pier scenes, highlands house and the station scene. The station scene was rather last minute, but I'm so glad I managed to finish it as I think it turned dout very well. I am most proud of this piece.

I really enjoyed working in a group as we could all bounce ideas off of each other to get the best. It also helped that we could concentrate individually on each scene and really spend some time getting it to look good. Eveyrone completed their scenes to a very high standard and they all blend in as well as each other.

I really improved my skills during this project and I also learnt some new skills. I have learnt how to create a realistic spotlight, by adjusting colour, coning and feathering. I learnt that grabbing the viewers attention is one thing, but holding it througout the animation is another. Ours was perhaps one of the shortest animations, but I really think it had the best impact. Each scene was a maximum of 10 seconds long as not to bore the audience. This was done on purpose.

I think as a group we met the brief by creating a high quality animation that will show off the beauty of essex and all the exciting attractions and encourage tourism in the county. We wanted to show that Essex is a promising place for all age ranges and ethnicities and I believe we did that.

We all look foward to seeing it on the visit essex website.

No comments:

Post a Comment