Thursday 9 December 2010

Adding windmill to a scene...

Now i began to think about where the windmill would be situated. I decided to place it in a field on a hill over looking more rolling fields. I tried to make it as realistic as possible.

I started by creating a flat box as the ground. I played around with the vertexes, pulling them up and down to create an un-uniform plane. The plane slopes away at the rear to give the effect of a hill.


I added an image to a plane for the background and positioned it realistically. I then went about adding a grass texture to the ground. I tried a few but as it was a large area or grass, the grass would require tiling and this looked awful. I decided to make a huge seemless texture on Adobe Photoshop. I adding some brown to it and leaves using a brush. This was than applied to the ground. I am pleased with how it turned out. I also added some foliage and made them irregular by playing around with the prune tool and adjuster size and rotational angle.

Here is the graas texture I created:


No comments:

Post a Comment