Friday 22 October 2010

The hair...



Now I had the fun task of applying some hair to the model. Now I had previously heard from class-mates that it was a very stressful process. I set about it with not much hope and to be honest the final outcome reflects my first thoughts. I used a preset as I could not achieve the correct thickness. I styled it by cutting it shorter and combing it to loosely resemble my own hair. Once i had done this I began to play about with the colour. Even though the root colour, tip colour and mutant colour were all set to a dark brown shade, It still came up very light. I switched the glossiness off as i thought it may have been reflections that made the hair bright, but this made no difference. I am not happy with the hair, but atleast i gave it a shot. This was bar far the most stressful part of the project and the part that lets it down most. The hair can only be rendered in perspective veiw which screwed up the proportions of the face. Anyway, here is a screenshot to show the finished article...

No comments:

Post a Comment